What happens to existing links if we introduce a new issue type in Advanced Roadmap Hierarchy?

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

Hi,

We are using Advanced Roadmap and we have defined hierarchy as follows:

Initiative -> Epics -> Story/Task

The Epics are currently linked to Initiatives using the "Parent Link".

Now, we are planning to introduce a new issue type "Feature" between Initiative and Epics. So the new hierarchy will be:

Initiative -> Feature -> Epics -> Story/ Task.

In the new scenario, the epics would be linked to Feature using "Parent Link" and Feature would be linked to Initiatives using the "Parent Link".

What will happen to the already existing link between Epics and Initiatives?

1 answer

0 votes
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

That's one to test in staging Jira for sure.

I think that the Parent Link field only works for parents that are Initiative but I might be wrong

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2022

I think I would question hard why the extra layer is needed, and how it makes your organization more profitable. Get to the basics!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events