What happens to User Stories on an excluded collumn of a board?

Asafe Oliveira February 23, 2021

Hello!

On a project that i'm part of, we have 02 boards or flows:

Board / Flow #1: It's the Sprint Board with the Scrum Board process in place (To Do, In Progress, In Review, Done).

Board / Flow #2: It's a flow for user stories before they go into our product backlog and after it, a sprint backlog.

Recently i'd like to change the steps in that flow. They were: User Story Idea > In Specification > Ready for Refinement > Ready for Sprint > To Do. When on To Do it falls on Product Backlog and can be pushed into a Sprint Backlog.

As i said, i'd like to change the steps in that flow, minimizing it. However i accidentally excluded the first collumn "User Story Idea". That collumn had a considerable amount of User Stories and i'd like to know:

1. What happens to User Stories from an excluded collumn of a board? They're excluded with the collumn? They're transferred to other collumn?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

Your excluded stories don't go anywhere or change in any way.   A board is a view of a selection of issues, and all "excluding" them does is means they don't appear on that board.  You won't be able to get to them from that board, but you can carry on using them everywhere else.  Or re-include them so they do appear.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

Hello @Asafe Oliveira 

Are you working with a Next Gen project or a Classic project?

With a Classic project if you truly just removed the column from your board configuration, then the statuses assigned to that column should show up in the Unmapped Statuses area.

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 4.26.39 PM.png

If you have actually removed the status from your Workflow, then you should've received a warning about the impact to any issues that were currently in that status.

I don't work with Next Gen projects, so I can't say what would happen in that case.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events