• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What happened to the new view layout?

Very recently the layout of the "new issue view" has changed. The context fields panel (on the right) is wider, causing the description fields panel (on the left, or middle if the sidebar is expanded) to be too narrow for my liking - and I see no way to adjust the ratio. And the description field is rendering is different. "Code" formatting appears with a grey background and a "Code Snippet" is displayed with a gradient on the right edge.

I don't see anything about these changes in the release notes for 8.14.1, released Jan 14 2021. Anyone know what is going on? I don't like the changes. Can I revert them? (I do not want to use to the "old view" since we will soon be forced to use the "new view").

1 answer

Hi @Ken Taylor 

Looks related to this suggestion, tied to the parent new issue view ticket:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69574

Best regards,

Bill

Thanks. That suggestion looks to be related in terms of a solution. I am wondering though if there was a resolved issue or release note that explains what was changed in that last release. 

I expect that the design is "evolving" more likely than a defect.  ;^)

If you see a specific problem with the change please consider helping out the community by having your site admin submit a defect to support:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Thanks!

Yeah, it is not a defect per se. The request you referenced above is almost 3 years old so I don't expect to have anything done about it. In fact, it has gotten worse; the recent update seems to have taken it from the 66:33 ratio to 60:40.

Anyway, I am still hoping someone can find the ticket or release note that explains that describes the differences I am seeing in the layout for this release.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

99 views 5 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you