What happened to the new view layout?

Ken Taylor January 20, 2021

Very recently the layout of the "new issue view" has changed. The context fields panel (on the right) is wider, causing the description fields panel (on the left, or middle if the sidebar is expanded) to be too narrow for my liking - and I see no way to adjust the ratio. And the description field is rendering is different. "Code" formatting appears with a grey background and a "Code Snippet" is displayed with a gradient on the right edge.

I don't see anything about these changes in the release notes for 8.14.1, released Jan 14 2021. Anyone know what is going on? I don't like the changes. Can I revert them? (I do not want to use to the "old view" since we will soon be forced to use the "new view").

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021

Hi @Ken Taylor 

Looks related to this suggestion, tied to the parent new issue view ticket:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69574

Best regards,

Bill

Ken Taylor January 21, 2021

Thanks. That suggestion looks to be related in terms of a solution. I am wondering though if there was a resolved issue or release note that explains what was changed in that last release. 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021

I expect that the design is "evolving" more likely than a defect.  ;^)

If you see a specific problem with the change please consider helping out the community by having your site admin submit a defect to support:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Thanks!

Ken Taylor January 21, 2021

Yeah, it is not a defect per se. The request you referenced above is almost 3 years old so I don't expect to have anything done about it. In fact, it has gotten worse; the recent update seems to have taken it from the 66:33 ratio to 60:40.

Anyway, I am still hoping someone can find the ticket or release note that explains that describes the differences I am seeing in the layout for this release.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer