What happened to my licence ??

christophe MARIN November 29, 2017

Today, as I was logging in to my Jira (self hosted), I saw instead a page as if it was the first time I was setting up the software.

I tried to enter the license I was given when I purchased it, and it was rejected.

Now, I just cannot do anything with my projects, I only hope I did not loose my datas.

What can I do ?

2 answers

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2017

Hi Christophe,

I had one of our Customer Advocates have a look at the licenses associated with your email, and it appears you had 2 licenses under that email. One is for Jira Software Data Center which expired on the 22nd, and the other is for Jira Software Server which you generated today.

You can obtain your new license key from my.atlassian.com and then update it in Jira according to Licensing your Jira applications. Just keep in mind that if you were running Data Center before and had more than one node, it will only work with one node using the Server license, so will need to shut down the others.

If you used a different email address for your license other than the one you're posting with, please let me know what that is so I can look into those licenses for you.

Kind regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2017

You probably have more than one instance installed on that server and the wrong one was started. The jira-application.properties file controls where Jira looks for its home directory and it's not finding a dbconfig.xml file in that location (or does not have permission to read the file.)

Suggest an answer