What does this mean? JIRA Long Term Support?

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2022

Hello 

What does this mean? JIRA Long Term Support?

Forx Example. If I installed JIRA 8.20 LTS, I will can install critical updates after my license ends?

1 answer

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2022

@Tony Montana 

Hi Viktar

the details around the LTS release can be found at https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/long-term-support-releases-948227420.html

Cheers

Kurt

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2022

There is no answer to my question.

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2022

@Tony Montana 

You are on Jira server - correct?

If that is the case then you can upgrade to the version which was released before your license expired (including LTS versions), but you will not be able to use version released after your license expiry date

Cheers

Kurt

Like Tony Montana likes this
Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2022

I'm interested in something else. I have Jira version 8.20 LTS. The license has already expired. But tomorrow they found a critical zero-day vulnerability. Atlassin releases an update. Can I install it?

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2022

I would not expect the update behavior to be different, meaning that an upgrade to the released version should not be possible

Cheers

Kurt

Suggest an answer