What do you do if your velocity chart is not displaying any completed sprint information?

Teebekz September 23, 2019

We have one completed sprint and two in progress but nothing is displayed in the Velocity Chart. What could be wrong?

Thanks

Teebekz

3 answers

1 vote
Richard Cross December 16, 2021

There's a viewing option in the Velocity Chart called "Hide unrelated sprints".  Try unchecking that to see if your sprint appears.

If it does, you should be able to work out why your sprint isn't showing by reading https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-the-hide-unrelated-sprints-feature-works-on-a-velocity-chart-in-jira-1082273005.html

Avanthi Lansakaranayake
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 3, 2024

It worked thanks a lot

0 votes
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2019

Also, has the workflow changed since the sprint closed? For example your final status used to be done, but is now completed? You could be getting impacted by this bug:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-11760

DBT September 27, 2019

Hello Dharma,

Thank you for your response.

Not when I posted this question. That just happened today.

Cheers!

Teebekz

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2019

Hi @Teebekz   Welcome to the community!

The charts and reports are based upon a specific board and it's filter, so... Has the filter changed?  If so, would the completed stories be returned by the modified filter?

Also, what do you see when you bring up the velocity chart?

Best regards,

Bill

DBT September 25, 2019

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your response to my question.

The answer is no, the filter hasn't changed in any way.

What is shown is, "There are no available sprints for this board".

So, do you have an idea of what can be done? Thanks.

Cheers!

Teebekz

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2019

Hi @DBT 

Two things to specifically check:

Copy your board filter, and try it in Issues and Filters by itself.  Do you get back the issues you expected?  If not, review/improve your filter.

Please see @Dharma Ramos response below about the known defect that occurs when the team's workflow (board columns/status values) has changed after sprint closure.  That one is annoying;, it is likely agile teams improve their workflow over time, so not accounting for "what was my workflow x-weeks ago" in reports seems like a design miss.

Best regards,

Bill

Like MaikoID likes this
DBT September 27, 2019

Okay, thanks so much for your help.

We will check that.

Cheers!

Teebekz

Suggest an answer