I recently upgraded a Jira server to version 7. That was fine. I then went to upgrade the UPM and that's when it all hit the fan.
I got a 404 that flashed up and then I could never see the Add-ons menu again.
Anyone know what could have happened? I can't find anything in the documentation or the community that even begins to cover this scenario.
Jira is working well otherwise.
EDIT - tracked down a little more in the log:
2020-11-30 10:03:00,116 pool-20-thread-1 ERROR roberth 602x577x1 1l5glka 192.168.12.98 /rest/plugins/self-update/1.0/ [c.a.p.osgi.factory.OsgiPluginInstalledHelper] Cannot determine required plugins, cannot resolve bundle 'com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin'
2020-11-30 10:03:02,586 pool-20-thread-1 ERROR roberth 602x577x1 1l5glka x.x.x.x /rest/plugins/self-update/1.0/ [c.a.p.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Detected an error (BundleException) enabling the plugin 'com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin' : Unresolved constraint in bundle com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin : Unable to resolve 198.0: missing requirement [198.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.atlassian.jira.config.properties)(version>=7.9.0)). This error usually occurs when your plugin imports a package from another bundle with a specific version constraint and either the bundle providing that package doesn't meet those version constraints, or there is no bundle available that provides the specified package. For more details on how to fix this, see https://developer.atlassian.com/x/mQAN
2020-11-30 10:03:02,602 pool-20-thread-1 WARN roberth 602x577x1 1l5glka x.x.x.x /rest/plugins/self-update/1.0/ [c.a.plugin.impl.AbstractPlugin] Unable to enable plugin 'com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin'
2020-11-30 10:03:02,602 pool-20-thread-1 WARN roberth 602x577x1 1l5glka x.x.x.x /rest/plugins/self-update/1.0/ [c.a.plugin.impl.AbstractPlugin] Because of this exception
com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.OsgiContainerException: Cannot start plugin: com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin
@David Vyslouzil oof this was a not fun scenario.
So yes, I was able to get past this, but no I never actually fixed it.
Ultimately I wound up upgrading Jira to get past this.
I tried to find my solution documentation but could not since it was so long ago. I think I needed to upgrade by backing Jira up to XML and restoring from the backup into an upgraded version.
👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events