What could be the reason, that non of the issues created in our projects are displayed in the Board?

Florian Musil May 16, 2019

alltough our board filters, status and workflows are correctly configered.

Solution:

At the end we had to recrute an external consulter and found the problem, it was an difault obstacle hard to find. due to permanent updates of our jira system, as we do have the cloud version, the new projects had a totaly useless extra defoult filter for scrum sprints integrated in the default kanban boards. a filter by "version"/ as we don't use versions, non of our issues had one and therefor non issue was shown in the board. some extremly counterproductive default setting change which costed me now one week of work and money for en external consulter...

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Ad the end we had to recrute an external consulter and found the problem, it was an difault obstacle hard to find. due to permanent updates of our jira system, as we do have the cloud version, the new projects had a totaly useless extra defoult filter for scrum sprints integrated in the default kanban boards. a filter by "version"/ as we don't use versions, non of our issues had one and therefor non issue was shown in the board. some extremly counterproductive default setting change which costed me now one week of work and money for en external consulter...

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2019

Mark had some good suggestions. There is also this article to help you troubleshoot:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/issues-are-not-appearing-in-boards-779159013.html

For more specific assistance it might help if you share a screenshot of your board config.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Andrew Walters May 16, 2019

Hi Florian

I thinks its going to be difficult to answer, as this is such a open ended question.

If your filters etc. are correct, the intuitive answer is that you have not created your issues correctly (i.e. to match your criteria) - perhaps some default field value which you didn't notice could be a factor (this is a long shot of course but as a new user its not beyond the realm of possibility)?

What troubleshooting have you done?  E.g. have you removed all filters to see if some or all of your issues display?  If so, experiment with the filters to see what actually is causing the problem.  If you can give more details on what you have tried, it may help others to help you.

Regards

Mark

every new project I or some other admistrator opens, has the same problem. allthough all the settings are default settings our issues do not show up neither in the board nor in the backlog. on the other hand, we do not have this problem with half year old projects., there all new created issues desplay correctly in the backlog or the board. could this have some thing to do with som general settings of our jira?

Suggest an answer