What could be the reason because I can not add a plan to a program?

Jose Nieto March 29, 2021

I have permissions to add and view all plana of Advanced roadmap plugin, and I can see it when I select "View Plans" in Advanced roadmap plugin, but when I try to create a program I can not select some of them to add to my program.

Are there anyone happens the same problem?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2021

Hi @Jose Nieto,

You've mentioned "Program" which is available on the Data Center version of Advanced Roadmaps, but you've tagged this question with "Cloud"... I'm just wondering if this question is more generally about the absence of the Programs feature in Cloud?

If not, can you provide a little more context about what you mean by program in your question?

Thanks,

Dave 

Jose Nieto March 30, 2021

Hi  @Dave

Thank you for your answer. I have just removed the cloud tag. When I am speaking about program, I refer to the Jira portfolio plugin, which allow you to create plans and program (a group of plans). When I try to create a program and add plan to it, some plans doesn't appear like an option to add to the program.

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2021

Thanks for the clarification @Jose Nieto - can I just check that you're not trying to add a plan to multiple programs? (a plan can only belong to one program).

Regards,

Dave

Like John Funk likes this
Jose Nieto March 30, 2021

Hi Dave,

I know that a plan can only belong to a program. The issue here is that when I check the plans that currently exist via "View Plans" I see that the plan is not added to any program. But when I create a program and I try to add this plan to the program, configuration->connected plans, this program doesn't appear in the screen

Dave
Atlassian Team
March 30, 2021

Hi @Jose Nieto,

So just to clarify... 

1. You've created a new Program
  2. You go to the program configuration and select "Connected plans"
  3. You can't find the plan you're looking for in the scrollable list of plans?
  4. You've confirmed that the plan you want to add isn't already in another program?
  5. You have permission to access the plan you want to add to the program?

If this is all true then I would suggest that this is a bug and you should raise a support request.

Regards,

Dave 

Jose Nieto April 1, 2021

Hi Dave,

Thank for your answer. Finally I found the problem. When you inquire the plan via "View plans" I saw that the plan is not assigned to a program ("None program list"). But actually the plan was assigned to a program which I can not access. This was the reason because I couldn't add plan to the program.

I suggest that It could be good that when a plan is assigned to a private program (program that you can not access) that this plan is not showed as not program assigned because is a little confuse. Maybe  it could be better to mark that plan is assigned to a private program.

Thank Dave very much for support

BR,

Jose

Like # people like this
Dave
Atlassian Team
April 1, 2021

Thanks @Jose Nieto - glad I was able to help, that's a good suggestion - I'll pass it on to the PM team!

Tom Lavin August 4, 2021

@Jose Nieto , I think I am in the same situation as you.

How did you figure out the plan was assigned to a program you didn't have access to?  Was it just by chance (maybe speaking to others on your team) or is there a way to see all programs a plan is assigned to, even ones you don't have access to?

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

Hi Jose - You must have a Jira Premium subscription to be able to use Advanced Roadmaps (Plans).

Jose Nieto March 29, 2021

Thank you for you answer. Although this account is linked to a Jira free license, this is happening in a Jira Premium instance install on premise. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events