What are the custom fields created by Greenhopper 6.1.6?

Shaakunthala February 9, 2015

I'm migrating an old system to a newer JIRA instance which already has issues/ projects. I came across a custom field called Epic, which I am not sure if part of the older version of JIRA Agile (GreenHopper). (In order to maintain the target system's performance, we analyze every new custom field carefully)

• Could someone please tell me if this custom field existed in Greenhopper 6.1.6 (Build: #d70143b0b8da)?
  • If this was part of old Greenhopper, I can assume that JIRA Agile will take care of it during the upgrade?

Thanks!

Shaakunthala

2 answers

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2015

Yes, all custom fields created by plugins (such as jira-agile) will be automatically taken care of during the upgrade. You simply need to makesure that you upgrade the plugin version to a version which is compatible to your JIRA version. 

You do not need to create any plugin custom field manually.

Rahul

0 votes
Shaakunthala February 9, 2015

PS: I found the documentation for the latest version of JIRA Agile where they have listed the custom fields. I just need to find if this custom field existed in the old Greenhopper.

Suggest an answer