What are steps to make a ticket OBE (Overtaken By Events)

Florence Olumodimu July 8, 2021

What are steps to make a ticket OBE (Overtaken By Events)

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

Hi Florence - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Sounds like you want to add that to the list of options for the Resolution field. 

Got to Settings > Issues > Issue Attributes > Resolutions 

Then add that as a new Resolution.

Then you will need to update your workflow for the transition that moves to the done status category to add that to your post function. (If you are using a transition screen to select the OBE option when you mark an issue as done then should be already ready to go)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

As good a guess as any!

Like John Funk likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2021

Unless OBE can be declared on an open issue then maybe a custom field?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2021

In my experience, OBE is a conclusion to something. Like there is nothing to do here because it has been overcome by events. But she might have a different scenario going on  :-)

Like Florence Olumodimu likes this
Florence Olumodimu August 3, 2021

@John Funk, Thank you. It was a permissions issue not letting me move tickets to the outcome of OBE (this is the organization's internal transition for tickets that have become redundant because other events have overcome its relevance). Thank you all for your feedback.  

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2021

Great - glad you figured it out!

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2021

Hi Florence,

I’m sorry I really don’t understand what overtaken by events means. Maybe this is some industry term but I’m just not familiar with. Regardless how is OBE condition captured in Jira?

David Hemmings
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 11, 2023

Hi Jack, just ran into your question while researching the same. I'm finding that "OBE" maps to my old-school strategy of leaving something in my (physical) inbox untouched for days or weeks, then digging back through and finding that enough time had passed and now it doesn't matter and can be dispensed with. A real time saver! The issue was "overtaken by events," which is a nice euphemism for someone else took care or it, or conditions changed and it's no longer a problem.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events