What Atlassian product -- if any -- can be used to build a forum-like interaction?

Mike Sullivan November 3, 2017

Similar if not just like the jira... communities function.  Just like this what I'm doing now.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2017

Hi @Mike Sullivan,

The previous Atlassian Answers was based on Confluence Questions (now known as Questions for Confluence).

You can find it - with a lot more information - on the Atlassian Marketplace

hey @Walter Buggenhout That's what I was looking for. 

I'm guessing "Questions for Confluence" is a for-fee-add-on for Confluence not just part of it.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2017

That's correct, @Mike Sullivan. You can find pricing for your specific hosting option and user tier through the Marketplace link I included above.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2017

community.atlassian.com is not based on any Atlassian product. As far as I know it is based on Lithium.

Like others suggested, for Confluence you should check out the Confluence Questions and the Community Forums add-ons.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2017

Hi Mike,

did you try Hipchat already? Soon, there will be a new platform called Stride, but it is not yet available for public. 

If you need more like a "Question and Answer"-Style - there's an app for Confluence called "Questions for Confluence".

You can find more information about these tools on atlassian.com

hey tom. quick look at HC is not quite what I had in mind.  I was hoping that communities was itself based on some portion of the Atlassian suite.

Suggest an answer