Webhook with JQL

Yuvaraj M July 31, 2020

JQL function membersOf() is working fine when I use it to search issues on the Search page, but the same is not working as expected when I use it in the webhook JQL.

My filter uses JQL field "watcher".

Eg: watcher in membersOf("devops-team-members")

Any idea?

1 answer

0 votes
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2020

Maybe permissions problem? What user is invoking the webhook?

Yuvaraj M August 1, 2020

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ I don't see any permissions problem here. I have administrator access and I created this webhook for the events - issue created & updated. Also, I checked this webhook using another JQL filter "watchers = 2" and it worked fine and only on the subset of issues where the watchers count is 2 as expected. So, no permissions issue here.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2020

@Yuvaraj M can you describe your webhook? What event is raising it? What is the configuration?

Yuvaraj M August 3, 2020

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__My webhook sends details about the issues to an external web application when an issue is created or updated. This webhook should work only on the issues where a watcher is part of this group - "devops-team-members". No additional configuration on this webhook.

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2020

This is really weird. @Yuvaraj M did you test both create and update operation? Maybe during Create operation, the watchers are set after webhook is invoked.

Yuvaraj M August 7, 2020

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__Yes, I tested both create and update operation. I think what you said for the create operation looks like a valid point.

In the case of update operation, the watcher is already available on the jira issue, but the webhook is not working.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events