Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Webhook Event for Sub-Task Order Changes?

Hello, does anyone happen to know if a webhook event is generated when the order of sub-tasks is changed (via drag and drop on issue view) under their parent issue? We are expecting the jira:issue_updated event, but it is not occurring.

The parent issue has Sub-Task A and Sub-Task B.  Under the Sub-Tasks section of the parent issue, Sub-Task A is at order position 1 and Sub-Task B is at order position 2.  When I do a generic edit of the parent issue (I updated the description), an issue updated event is triggered, and the sub-task ordering shows correctly in the parent issue as:

"subtasks":
0:
"id": "339562"
"key": <Sub-Task A>
1:
"id": "339563"
"key": <Sub-Task B>

When I drag and drop Sub-Task B to be higher, at order position 1, the issue_updated event is not triggered.  Again when I do a edit of the parent issue description, the parent issue correctly reflects the sub-task ordering, the change:

subtasks":
0:
"id": "339563"
"key": <Sub-Task B>
1:
"id": "339562"
"key": <Sub-Task A>

Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated on any webhook events that could be used...to represent the drag and drop sub-task ordering change.  Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

No, I'm afraid nothing happens beyond a change in the database when you re-order subtasks.

I think the data is in the property tables, but I'm not too sure if it has been moved since I last looked at a database.

Hello Nic
Thank you for your answer!

Maybe you know, is there any way to add this to any event? Or maybe something like creating a custom event that will be triggered after reordering?

I think you might have to mess with the code in Jira's core (not just a server app you can plug in), to inject something that triggers when the sub-tasks are moved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

75 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you