We would like tickets to be counted as done before the last step in the workflow.

Bill May 20, 2020

I know our use case isn't standard scrum workflow but I would like the sprint to show the progress based on a column other than the final done column. 

In this case we have the bellow columns/statuses

TODO, In progress, committed, QA, Done

When I look at a sprint I want the progress to report based on it being in the committed column instead of Done.   We would also want to see this on the reports, i.e. burn down, etc..

Because of this specific requirement we never see any progress since things are not actually done to a much later time.  I have tried setting the committed category to done but it doesn't make a difference.  

Workflow

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 11.51.29 AM.png

This seems like it would be a common use case but I have yet to find the answer searching.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2020

Not 100% sure on this, jira usually defines "done" as having a resolution set.

So if you set the resolution in an earlier transition, that should (i think) make it show up as done as far as the sprint is concerned.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2020

Jira defines "resolved" as having a resolution set.  Jira Software boards consider "done" to be "in the last column on the board". 

Technically, done and resolved are different things, but a standard recommendation for most Jira projects is to set the workflow so that they co-incide.  

tscoggin March 10, 2021

Did anyone find out if setting the resolution field to a status marks the ticket as done in the burn down chart? We are looking to have the work marked as done but then have two states after that. This is strictly for reporting Development work.

Please let me know.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

There is no change, you need to move things into the last column so that you can accuratly represent "done"

tscoggin March 12, 2021

@Nic Brough Thanks Nic I will give that a try.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2020

The only think you can do is put the "done" status all in the last column of the board.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events