We just started to upgrade JIRA to v7.6.1#76002-sha1:21e6670

HolmanG December 8, 2017

We are getting error 500 when running JIRA after upgrading to v7.6.1#76002-sha1:21e6670. I got a log referral number of "5bd2da60-d131-456d-8958-9804c9a6ef5f".

The cause is not specific. I get over 500 lines that start with "java.lang.RuntimeException...." 

The top line says "java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraAuthenticationContext.getLoggedInUser()Lcom/atlassian/crowd/embedded/api/User;"

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciate it. Not sure what to do from here.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2017

Hi Holman,

• What version of JIRA did you upgrade from?

In the past plugins have caused this issue, specifically plugins that are no longer needed by the software from earlier versions, etc.  Please try the following and let me know the results:

1. Copy the $JIRA_Home/plugins/installed-plugins folder and move the copy to another location in the filesystem.
  2. Delete the contents of the $JIRA_Home/plugins/installed-plugins folder. 
  3. Restart Jira.

Let me know if that works and we"ll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

HolmanG December 8, 2017

Hello Branden,

Thanks for the quick reply. I just went looking, even did a search for this folder and cannot find it.

Below is a screenshot of the home directory on our server. Am I suppose to go some where else?

JIRADir.png

Suggest an answer