We couldn't start JIRA

Isaac Turon November 30, 2017

Hi there, We are using Jira Software and Jira Service Desk since october and today we found a problem accessing JIRA.

We were using the same collation described in the documentation and Jira and Jira Service Desk was running until today!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver075/connecting-jira-applications-to-sql-server-2014-935390859.html

We are using the server version in Windows.

This is the message:

Database: Your database is using an unsupported collation

Your mssql database is currently using an unsupported collation: Latin1_General_CI_AI. You should change this to a supported collation:

• SQL_Latin1_General_CI_AI
  • SQL_Latin1_General_CP437_CI_AI

Review our documentation for more information on supported collations.

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2017

Hi Isaac,

It may be that some tables or some other aspect of the database have ended up with the incorrect collation even though your database is overall correct.

Could you please have a look at Does this apply to me? from How to fix the collation of a Microsoft SQL Database. It should let you know what part of the database isn't correct and then the steps to correct it.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Shannon

Isaac Turon December 4, 2017

Hi there Shannon,

I finally found the real problem, we did not have free space on the database server!!! Then JIRA can't start because it can not write on the database but shows the error commented in the post.

Thanks for your reply!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2017

Thank you for letting us know, Isaac! 

Have a pleasant week.

Shannon

Suggest an answer