Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Want to restrict people who are joining the JIRA without Site Admins approval

Hi Team,

I am using Jira Atlassian Cloud and it looks different from Server in case of permissions.

Whenever a new user added in to Atlassian Cloud normally site admins will get a notification that X person joins your jira.

So here being a site admin when a new guy want to join first they need site admins approval once he/she get a prior approval he has to be added into jira this is what I am expecting but directly I am getting a notification that he joins the jira without my approval.

So I want to restrict this and any new user joins he has to request site admins for access.

Can someone guide me how to achieve this?

Note:  I have restricted domains in site access page but still users are adding without my approval.

Regards,

Kanaka

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs Community Leader May 21, 2022

Hi @kanaka prasad ponnuru , anyone from your approved domain will automatically be granted site access. Remove the approved domain(s).

@Dave Mathijs , Thank you for your response.

Let me try this and If I face any issue will get back to you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,463 views 37 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you