Visualize child issues in the roadmap

Sarah White June 21, 2021

I want to visualize in roadmap or GANTT view child issues with start and end dates within my Roadmap. 

The image below as displayed in this support article leads me to believe this is possible but I cannot create the same visualization. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 4.51.13 PM.png

How do I recreate? Currently, I can only see child issue progress through the rolled up bar and task list underneath. I want a visual bar relating to the epic beneath which corresponds to the start and end-dates I set. 

My current view which I would like to visualize as shown above. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 11.56.37 AM.png

Thank you!

2 answers

2 votes
Juan Carlos Carrion August 15, 2022

Hi @Sarah White

I'm not sure if you found the answer, but if I understand correctly, the feature is on now. It's not on by default.

1) Within your project's board, click the [...] (aka button with 3 dots) that appear on your right-hand side.

2) Select Board Settings

3) In the middle menu "SETTINGS" choose "Roadmap"

4) Turn on "Child Level Issue Scheduling"

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

Hello @Sarah White 

Welcome to the community.

According to the below issue, displaying date bars for child issues based on the Start Date and Due Date in those issues is not supported.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18668

Do you use Start Date and Due Date on your Epics?

I haven't had a chance to play with the Roadmap, but I also notice that the article says it will display the "duration" of the tasks. Have you tried adding effort estimates to the child issues?

Eric Robinson June 8, 2022

For anyone happening upon this, according to the link above this feature is under active development and as of this posting, is due out by the end of July 2022.

Like Abraham Ben-Tov likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events