Views for multiple projects for agents

Leonhard Kämmerer September 10, 2018

Dear Jira-Team,

we are in test period of jira ServiceDesk within our self-hosted jira software instance.

Currently I'm trying to create a combined view of tasks from a SD-project with those of a Jira Software project. The second one is from category "bussiness".

Depending on our company structure, the project managers will get the licenses for SD-agents to commuinicate with the customers in most cases.

At the same time they have to manage the internal software projects as well. Those internal projects are often conntected to SD-projects because of the same actual project. (For example a relaunch of a webpage has to be managed interally for development and in SD to provide a platform for the customer).

In my admin profile I can create a kanban board to combine multiple projects and their tasks.

My questions are:

1) Is there a function for agents to create boards to combine the tasks of multiple projects?
Are those boards configureable as "personal" as well as company-public?

2) Is there another way for agents to see a summary of internal and customer-related projects (ServiceDesk projects)

Thank you very much for your support.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2018

1. Agents can view Jira Software boards just if they count with a Jira Software license. Both Kanban and Scrum boards may be set to be private or public: their visibility is the same set on the board's filter.

2. As an alternative to boards, you may create a dashboard which used multiproject filters to feed its gadgets.

Thank you very much, I found the problem with your reply.
Currently my Test-agent doesn't have a Jira software license.

That will fix this I believe.

Thanks!

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2018

Was it fixed? If so, would you mind accepting my answer?

Leonhard Kämmerer September 11, 2018

yea, sorry.
I didn't Ththink about that.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2018

@Leonhard Kämmerer, welcome to the community.

1. Yes users can create boards which spans multiple projects. What is included in a board is defined by the filter. So for example the filter might be: project in (abc, xyz, qrs) and issuetype in (bug, story)
  2. You can use Dashboards which, similar to kanban/scrum boards, are based upon filters.

But for now I was not able to see a board created by an admin as agent, as well as create a board as agent.

Suggest an answer