Viewing the comment recorded on a flagged issue

Kirk Anger December 4, 2017

With regard to the flagging functionality in JIRA, we can now query to find the list of flagged issues. 

What I'm wondering is how I can also see the comment that was recorded at the time the Impediment was recorded? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

Hi Kirk

As far as I'm aware (looking at a Jira Task which has been flagged), the comment is "just a comment", the same as any other comment. It's like when you transition a Task and you get a pop-up dialog, one of the fields is comment, which just adds to the list of comments.

I'm not aware of a way of distinguishing which comment goes with the flag, because the comment isn't even mandatory.

That is unfortunate. It's a great feature to be able to visibly flag issues within a sprint, but the next logical questions are:

Why was it flagged?
How can I clear the blocker?

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

Generally, but not always, the most recent comment would relate to why it's blocked. I've just randomly opened 2 issues in our current sprint that are blocked - 1 doesn't have a comment and the other (from my deduction) had the "flagged comment" as the 2nd most recent i.e. someone has added another comment after the flagged comment. 

Of course. That's why I was hoping that it wasn't stored as just a standard comment and could be pulled out separately. 

When I run an issue search for flagged issues in the current sprint and bring in a column for comments, I'm not seeing anything, even though there are comments on the flagged issues - do you know why that might be?

Flagged Issues.png

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2017

I'm using the Cloud version and it doesn't even allow me to select Comment as a column.

If you think about it, how would they be able to show the Comment field at all? I've seen Tasks with 50 or 70 Comments - there is no way they could show that in the Search screen

I was hoping it would allow me to see at least the most recent comment, which would get me what I need, for most of the flagged issues anyway.

The same happens if I bring in the 'Latest Update' as a column - it's blank. 

Thanks for your help.

2 votes
Jon_Austen March 12, 2020

Would be nice, if on the swimlanes, if I could see the "flag text" when i hover over the flag icon on the item within the swimlane.   At one time in the past, on a previous older version of JIRA , it used to do that.  Not sure why it was removed.

Ulrika Eriksson June 9, 2020

This feature would be perfect. Anyone who knows if it will end up in JIRA boards again?

Suggest an answer