Viewing subtasks on next gen kanban boards

Justin Seals July 16, 2019

Hi there,

We are using the Kanban next gen board and individual tasks are split up into FED and BED, assigned to developers, but the only way I can see to actually see subtasks is to group the whole board by subtask which is just a little bit impractical.

Is there any way to be able to view/add subtasks to the general board view, perhaps toggle them on/off, especially for developers to see what subtasks are assigned to them?

3 answers

1 vote
Nate Reese June 8, 2020

Has there been any movement on this?  Right now sub tasks are just not usable for us since accessing them is quite cumbersome for our team.  

1 vote
Radhika Admin January 15, 2020

Yes, this is the one we really want to see as well. Once the subtask is assigned, the person who it's assigned to doesn't see the subtask on the kanban board. This makes it difficult to track all the work when the number tasks and subtasks increase. I could understand if there was something like a checklist that you can't assign.

0 votes
Gavin Harris April 20, 2020

I noticed that in the Group By drop down, you can select Sub Task and then you can see the Sub Task on the board. But yeah, and option to include Sub Tasks in the main Board would be very useful / a must to make Sub Tasks really useful!

Thorsten Barth April 22, 2020

I don't get it. We don't even have a "group by" dropdown, nor a "Configure board" button, and also no option to configure the Kanban board in the project settings.

Seems like this NextGen thing is simply not suitable for any serious work?

Like Vytas M likes this

Suggest an answer