View time spent in Greenhopper Scrum Board

Steve Lane March 20, 2013

Hello all:

I'm not seeing a way to view the actual time worked on an issue from anywhere in the new Rapid Board (Scrum). In Classic mode, we can add columns to the Plan view and fields to a card. There is a limited ability to add some fields to the detail view of an item in a Scrum Board, but unless I'm missing it, the time worked doesn't appear to be available to add (!).

Am I missing it, or has this been left out for some reason?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Lane March 25, 2013

Although the Rapid Board Detail View in GH has been expanded to include almost all fields, the time tracking fields were somehow left out.

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2013

Do you mean the Estimation and Tracking in GreenHopper?

Steve Lane March 20, 2013

Hi Zulfadli:

Thanks for your quick response. I guess my answer to your question is "I don't know -- but probably not." Can you explain how the page you linked to answers my question? That page is about how to configure an estimation statistic in GH for tracking progress. That isn't my issue. We are tracking issues by time remaining and that works fine. My problem is that I want to see the total time spent on an issue -- not the original estimate, not the time remaining, nor any other burndown statistic, but the actual time logged on the issue -- from somewhere in my Rapid Board. I see no place that number is displayed for an issue, and no way to add it. If that information is somewhere in the page you linked, my apologies ...

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2013

Ahhh my apologize Steve, I've misunderstood you. The timespent that being logged is indeed not showing anywhere in GH Plan/Work view (only in Burndown chart). I'm afraid, there isn't a way to add the field to Issue Detail View when this is not a standalone field but a field that comes together with the Time Tracking feature.

Soliant IT March 24, 2013

Hi Zulfadli:

Thanks for your reply. Given that this is something that works just fine in the Classic boards, is it on the roadmap to enable for the newer boards as well? The Classic Plan view and card views are extensively customizable, so I'd hope that the same flexibility would be slated for the Agile boards

Steve Lane March 24, 2013

Sorry, was logged in with wrong account -- that wasn't Sean commenting just above :-)

-- SGL

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
March 24, 2013

I think the improvement request in here wants to get the Issue Detail View to be fully customizable with any custom fields. It seems that the Time Spent field is somehow missed, could you drop a comment here as well to catch the developers attention? :)

Steve Lane March 24, 2013

Excellent, that was just the link I needed, thanks! As you say, looks like this may have been an oversight.

Suggest an answer