View information as table and generate reporting/exporting

Matias Varela December 16, 2019

Hi, we need to see some details in a issue in a table format. For exmaple:

Status               Count                    Time

To do                    2                         10d

In Progress           5                         60d

Testing                  3                         20d

.                             .                           .

Also, we need to analyze, compare and reporting this information individually between different issues. For example, we´d like to analyze in an excel, gadgets, EazyBi, etc

Moreover, we have installed script runner add-on but we can't create a lot scripted fields to get this information one by one. Only we could create one scripted field.

Do you have any idea to manage this goal? 

Thanks!

Matias

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 17, 2019

One way you can give a try to export and analyze your Jira information is Better Excel Exporter.
The app is highly flexible so you can customize your Excel reports with Groovy scripting to do complex data processing.

Matias Varela December 19, 2019

Thanks for your help! Could you give an example how I can manage this with groovy and this add on? 

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 20, 2019

I suggest you start familiarizing with the app here and then give the app a try by actually exporting your Jira data to Excel from the Issue Navigator for example and see how that works for you. Then reach out to us directly if you have specific questions regarding your use case, so we can help you.

By the way, here is a recent use case story of how a telecom company used Better Excel to build custom reports driven by their custom scripts.

0 votes
Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2020

Hi @Matias Varela 

It looks like you want to analyze the number of days an issue spent in a status and the number of times the issue was transitioned to the status.

If that is what you are looking for, then you can try to create a table report in eazyBI with the Transition Status dimension and the measures "Transitions to status" and "Days in transition status". Please have a look at the picture of a sample report below:

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 14.31.50.png

Let me know if I missed anything and you have any questions.

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer