View a report of types of issues created and worked on?

JillB September 16, 2019

I just moved from Pivotal Tracker over the Jira. In Pivotal Tracker I could easily see how many bugs vs features vs chores we had been working on in an iteration to give me a good gauge of how many bugs we were creating. 

Is there a report that will give me this view in Jira? 

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

Hi @JillB

The Sprint report will give you a view of work that has been worked on per iteration, albeit as a full list rather than a summary based on issue types. You can view a sprint report on your board by going to Board > Sprint Report and choosing the appropriate sprint.

An alternative would be to create a dashboard to visualise this data - for example, to show the number of different issue types in a project, you might:

• Go to Create (Dashboards > Manage Dashboards > Create new dashboard in Server; Dashboards > 3-dot option button > Create dashboard in Cloud)
  • Give the Dashboard a name and create
  • Add a relevant gadget - for example, a Pie Chart would show the number of bugs, features, etc. An alternative is a Two Dimensional Filter Statistics, which would show both the issue types and the statuses of them
  • Attach to a project and filter by Issue Type.

^ If filtering by a project is too broad (given you mentioned Sprint) you could:

• Go to the issue search page (Issues > Search for issues in Server; Magnifying Glass icon > Advanced search for issues in Cloud)
  • Switch to Advanced (the hyperlink next to Search) 
  • Locate issues in your sprint. You could use a parameter such as "sprint = XX", where XX is the Sprint ID. You can locate the Sprint ID from the sprint report, in the URL after "sprint=" - or an alternative is to search for all closedsprints, such as "sprint = closedSprints()"
  • Once you have your search, press Save As and give it a name.
  • Go back to your Pie Chart / Dashboard and in the Filter Search, locate and select your saved filter
  • Press Save to visualise that specific data

^ A little more complex so I've tried to make it a summarised step-by-step. If the Dashboard sounds of interest and you're not sure on how to replicate, please reach out with your host type (Cloud or Server) and your team's specific need and I'd be happy to give enhanced instructions.

Ste

JillB September 16, 2019

Thank you @Ste! This is exactly what I needed to know! I appreciate the help! 

Like Ste likes this

Suggest an answer