Version report completion date

Yvo October 5, 2017

I found something curious in my version report, while I don't know how to fix it.

I have a version, which is in development since June 2016. Just recently, I've transferred some of the stories from this version to another one. Since then, the predicted, optimistic and pessimistic release dates are equal to each other, while the lightblue offset states different dates. In addition, the releasedate and predicted date are out of the diagram.

How to fix this?

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2017

Hi Zethof,

I have seen this kind of problem before in regards to this Agile Report.  It appears that this might actually be a bug in regards to way Jira is calculating estimated number of days remaining to complete this release.   There is an existing bug on this problem in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-13729

It seems that the methods used to calculate those dates are not correctly taking into account non-working days as set within the options of that board.

In the meantime, there is a possible work-around of adjusting the working days on that board to use all days.

Work-around:

• Click "Board" in top right corner
  • Click "Configure" in drop-down menu
  • Navigate to "Working Days" in the menu on the left
  • Select all days as working.
  • Navigate back to report

My only concern with this work-around would be the other reports and board aspects that depend on that working days for calculations and how they would change by adjusting this.  I understand this work-around likely isn't ideal.  However I would recommend watching and voting on that issue to keep up on updates that might resolve this in the long term.

Regards,
Andy

Yvo December 14, 2017

This work around worked for some while now., However, even with all days set to working days, the problem has now returned.

Is there something i can do? Do you need any data to see what's happening?

Suggest an answer