Version Report timeline not aligned to scheduled release date

Franz Schmidt December 19, 2013

I am currently looking into the reporting options in jira agile and have the impression that there is something wrong:

My project is running until end of August 2014 though the 'version report' only shows a timeline until end of December 2013 (now). This is resulting in a useless report representation like for the 'Predicted Completion Date' set to 8% of story points done end of december instead showing me the accumulated 100% ready in 'some time 2014'. See attachement.

How can I resolve the timeline issue?

Version Report

4 answers

1 vote
Chris Atkinson May 28, 2014

"10% of the estimated work for the version will need to be complete before the predictions can be calculated."

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Viewing+the+Version+Report

I was likewise perplexed until finding the above note on the Version Report help page. After 10% of the workload has completed I imagine the numbers have settled down to a point that only then can a reasonably accurate projection be tallied.

Chris

0 votes
Mehdi February 2, 2021

Thank you for the answer

0 votes
Deleted user May 27, 2014

Franz - I'm glad to see I'm not alone :-)

I'm seeing the exact same thing. My version has 20 sprints in it (one week each). It'd be nice to know how many days / sprints we have to complete before projections will appear. Is it a fixed number of sprints? Is it a percentage of the total number of days?

0 votes
Franz Schmidt January 15, 2014

Hi, so since no one is really available to give me input I try to come to a conclusion here:

The graphic above is build up on a velocity that has been collected during 2 sprints. I closed the 3rd sprint and voila there has was a projection that made more sense. This means, if you have 4 weeks iterations you will need to wait 12weeks to be able to use the Version Report as a KPI. At least thats what I think is happening here... ;)

Suggest an answer