Version Report timeline not aligned to scheduled release date

I am currently looking into the reporting options in jira agile and have the impression that there is something wrong:

My project is running until end of August 2014 though the 'version report' only shows a timeline until end of December 2013 (now). This is resulting in a useless report representation like for the 'Predicted Completion Date' set to 8% of story points done end of december instead showing me the accumulated 100% ready in 'some time 2014'. See attachement.

How can I resolve the timeline issue?

Version Report

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

"10% of the estimated work for the version will need to be complete before the predictions can be calculated."

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Viewing+the+Version+Report

I was likewise perplexed until finding the above note on the Version Report help page. After 10% of the workload has completed I imagine the numbers have settled down to a point that only then can a reasonably accurate projection be tallied.

Chris

Hi, so since no one is really available to give me input I try to come to a conclusion here:

The graphic above is build up on a velocity that has been collected during 2 sprints. I closed the 3rd sprint and voila there has was a projection that made more sense. This means, if you have 4 weeks iterations you will need to wait 12weeks to be able to use the Version Report as a KPI. At least thats what I think is happening here... ;)

Franz - I'm glad to see I'm not alone :-)

I'm seeing the exact same thing. My version has 20 sprints in it (one week each). It'd be nice to know how many days / sprints we have to complete before projections will appear. Is it a fixed number of sprints? Is it a percentage of the total number of days?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,499 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you