• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Version Report timeline not aligned to scheduled release date

I am currently looking into the reporting options in jira agile and have the impression that there is something wrong:

My project is running until end of August 2014 though the 'version report' only shows a timeline until end of December 2013 (now). This is resulting in a useless report representation like for the 'Predicted Completion Date' set to 8% of story points done end of december instead showing me the accumulated 100% ready in 'some time 2014'. See attachement.

How can I resolve the timeline issue?

Version Report

4 answers

"10% of the estimated work for the version will need to be complete before the predictions can be calculated."

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Viewing+the+Version+Report

I was likewise perplexed until finding the above note on the Version Report help page. After 10% of the workload has completed I imagine the numbers have settled down to a point that only then can a reasonably accurate projection be tallied.

Chris

Hi, so since no one is really available to give me input I try to come to a conclusion here:

The graphic above is build up on a velocity that has been collected during 2 sprints. I closed the 3rd sprint and voila there has was a projection that made more sense. This means, if you have 4 weeks iterations you will need to wait 12weeks to be able to use the Version Report as a KPI. At least thats what I think is happening here... ;)

0 votes
Deleted user May 27, 2014

Franz - I'm glad to see I'm not alone :-)

I'm seeing the exact same thing. My version has 20 sprints in it (one week each). It'd be nice to know how many days / sprints we have to complete before projections will appear. Is it a fixed number of sprints? Is it a percentage of the total number of days?

0 votes
Mehdi I'm New Here Feb 02, 2021

Thank you for the answer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,184 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you