Version Report - Status Report section: how is the order of the issues determined

Rob Hoffman July 18, 2013

Below the graph of a GH Version Report is the Status Report section, with two subsections: Completed Issues and Incomplete Issues. What determines the order of the issues in each section? Thank you.

4 answers

0 votes
Dwight Holman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016

I recently reported this problem, and it has been confirmed as a defect here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-13529

There is also a suggestion logged some time ago that there should be some way to configure this - that is to set the sort order to something that makes sense for your business/project:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-6675

But for now issues appear in these lists in some pseudo random order.

0 votes
Hazel Elgart April 14, 2015

I had the same question, and was able to replicate the issue order by sorting by "priority". However, all my issues have the SAME priority right now. So why did that work???

0 votes
Rob Hoffman August 4, 2013

Still no answer. Perhaps this is obvious, but not to me. Below the graph in a GreehHopper Version Report is the Status Report section, with two subsections: Completed Issues and Incomplete Issues. What determines the order of the issues in each section?

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2013

Click the "View in issue navigator" link to see the order.

Rob Hoffman July 19, 2013

Thank you Timothy! Of course! I see that the filter is:

fixVersion=R1 AND project=xxxx AND Status IN ("In Progress","Open","Reopened","ChangeRequested") AND timeoriginalestimate IS NOT EMPTY

So--no ORDER term. So now two questions:

1. Is the order essentially random (e.g., something like when added to the database)?

2. Is it possible to add an ORDER term? Order by Rank might be sufficient. Or even better, possible for me to set the whole filter for the report?

Rob Hoffman July 24, 2013

Anyone? In summary: in an agile board Version Report > Status Report section > Completed Issues and Incomplete Issues subsections, how is the order of the issues determine in each section? Can I control the order?

Suggest an answer