Velocity report by user

Christa Ferrari May 1, 2019

I have been asked to create a report that tracks the velocity of each developer over the last 5 sprints. Has someone figured out how to produce this in Jira or have a suggestion of how this could be completed?

2 answers

3 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2019

Hi @Christa Ferrari ,

The reports like the Velocity Chart are build off of the boards, which are build from filters. To do this you will probably need to copy the filter used by your Scrum board, add a "User="user name 1,"  save it, and then create a new Scrum Board for user name 1 with that filter. Do the same for each developer. You will then be able to run the velocity chart on each user's Scrum board.

It sounds a bit clunky at first, but...keep in mind that since the boards pull from the filters you can have a single board for each developer that pulls from EVERY project that person works on, even if they are part of multiple Scrums. This gives you an accurate view of the developer's velocity across Scrum teams when they are working on more than one project. 

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

0 votes
Eric Sutherland June 20, 2022

So clunky. So bad. I have the same need as OP. Followed the above steps above and unsurprisingly, it did not work. Jira wiped out my filter and the boards are all messed up now. Can't go back because why would I, and can't restore changes because Jira.

Suggest an answer