Values of Checklist progress field are not displayed in Power Bi

Dana Turculet April 21, 2021

We are using checklist for Jira plugin and have enabled the checklist progress field that is tracking status of checklist items. I can see the field fine in UI but when I try to get the field in Power BI using Power Bi Pro Connector all I see in the field is 'Proxy to Checklist <Checklist name>'.

In Power BI:

Capture.JPG

Same field shows the value fine in Jira UI:

Capture2.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 22, 2021

Hi Dana,

Unfortunately, the proxy field is only meant for display. It’s a use case that we didn’t envision but find it a great idea so we will add it to our backlog.

In the meantime, if you have ScriptRunner, you could possibly use a Scripted Field to extract the data that you want. We have an extensive library of examples in our Developer Guide. You would simply need to loop over the checklist items and extract the data that you want.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Yves

Dana Turculet April 22, 2021

Thank you for the response. We just migrated from Jira Cloud to Jira Data Center and this was available on the Cloud version so I hope it will come to the data center version also soon.

Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 22, 2021

Hi @Dana Turculet ,

Actually, the cloud feature is just a sync with a text custom field. The proxy feature in DC is much more powerful but it was never thought of to be used in Power BI. It's now in our backlog.

I believe that one of your colleague actually opened a ticket on our support portal. If they need help with configuring the ScriptRunner Scripted field, just let us know. That would be the quickest way to get back on your feet.

Regards,

Yves

Suggest an answer