Validation when issue is added to sprint

Deleted user March 20, 2014

Hello,

We would like to improve the quality of issues in our sprints. We selected some prerequisites for the issue in order to be ready for a sprint. These are

1. Story points must be set
  2. Business Value must be set
  3. Time estimation must be set

Can we validate these rules when an issue is placed in a sprint and show a warning?

Is it possible to put a kind of visual mark on the issue in the backlog, that it is "ready for sprint"?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

I would add a workflow step/column called Ready for Sprint and add a validator in the workflow to execute the transition.

What I did in one of my project workflows is I did not enable the transition if the condition rules are not met to make it SOX compliant. So, if the field values are empty, do not enable the next transition. There is a Sprint field that you can validate in your workflow.

Hope that helps.

Deleted user March 23, 2014

Thanks for your help

I still can not image how to restrict the Agile Board in Plan mode to allow access to sprints only for Issues in state "Ready for Sprint". May be you have any ideas?

1 vote
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

Hi Mihail,

Workflow step would limit the column in the sprint planning. So, I think you can do that in couple ways:

1. You can setup issue security to make tickets private/public and add post functions to the workflow to change the issue security public and private before and after "ready for sprint" status.

2. You can setup a condition in the workflow and make the group assignee to veiw that step as a condition.

Mehmet

0 votes
Thomas Johnson June 25, 2022

Hi,
A new addon "Scrum Assistant" for the DC version has just been released.
The addon can check the rules for filling in estimates in Story Points:

• both at the start of the sprint and
  • when adding new issue to the sprint

Maybe it will be useful for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events