Validation requirement

Ghazanfar May 20, 2022

I need to create a ticket validation that doesn't allow the ticket to be created if two "people" fields are the same. However, there is no such option when i click on "Validators" on the "create" transition in the workflow I am trying to edit. In what way can I implement my requirement. I would really appreciate any help.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

Hi Ghanzanfar - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

We use the JMWE add on to create a custom validator.

Or you could just create an automation rule that checks the values of the fields and sends you an email if it happens. That would be an option if you are not wanting to add another paid for app. 

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

@Ghazanfar Welcome to the Atlassian community

The delivered functionality allows you to compare a field to a static or constant value.  If you are trying to compare two fields you would need an app like scriptrunner or JSU to accomplish that.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events