Using of initialized field from previous screen to determine an amount of fields in the next field

Timur Zhamaletdinov October 16, 2019

How can I use the information filled in in the previous screen?

For example.

I create an issue with a few fields and one of them determines a quantity of equipment that should be configured.

image.png

I prepared a screen for the next status which should show the serial numbers of the configured equipment. Each serial number should be placed in each field on the screen.

image.png

How can I configure the screen if the field "Quantity of chargers" will be more than 1? That means that on the next screen should be the same amount of fields "Charger S/N:" as indicated in the previous screen in field "Quantity of chargers".

2 answers

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2019

Hi @Timur Zhamaletdinov 

I would tackle this requirement in 2 steps - first ask the user quantity (let us say x) and then based on that number create x number of sub-tasks. A bit of a pain for the end user to fill the form in 2 or 3 steps but it will help in reporting later on.

Now to create sub-tasks automatically you would probably need some automation add-on.

Ravi

0 votes
Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2019

Hi,

I'm afraid it is not possible form box. Only if exist some plugin. If I right understand You need dynamic new custom fields. 

I mean each custom field in jira should be unique (possible create two fields the same name but it is no good idea). 

Maybe You need text-area and just write each s/n in new row?

B.R.

Suggest an answer