Using Jira Software for Customer Service Tickets

Tony Pitman November 11, 2020

My company is currently using a really old version of OnTime for customer service tickets. We have a bunch of actual users and then we have a couple users called Software and Phoenix Issues.

We use those "buckets" for CSR to enter general tickets and then tag them with the system they apply to (projects).

We have been using other software for Agile like Pivotal Tracker and SmartSheets

We are going to start using Jira Software to do our Agile projects.

I have a couple questions. Does it cost more to also use the customer service system of Jira? Are they separate products or just templates that can be used together?

If they are separate, is there a good way to use the Jira Software like I mentioned without having to have CSR know exactly which system (project) to create a ticket in?

We will be buying Jira Software and basically want to know if we can also use it the way we have been using OnTime as a general ticket entry system for CSR that we can then assign the tickets they enter once they are in the system.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2020

Hi Tony - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I think the Jira Service Management product would serve you well. This was just re-branded from Jira Service Desk so you might still see that terminology. It is an extra cost based on the number of Agents you need. Agents are the ones who actually can update values in cards and move them. You do not have to be an Agent to submit a request.

You can get the Free version that allows you 3 Agents at no cost. I suggest you give that free version a trial and see how it works for you. 

Suggest an answer