Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Using APIs/JQL/JQL function for extracting issue count and story point (committed and added)

HI,

I need to extract following issue count and story point for committed and added issues for one or more scrum teams and for one or more sprints. Please suggest  APIs/JQL/JQL function that can be used

1. No of committed issues and story points

2. No of committed issues completed and story points

3. No of committed issues removed and story points

4. No of Added issues and story points

5. No of added issues completed and story points

6. No of added issues removed and story points

7. Overall completed issues and story points (committed and Added)

Thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

The sprint report shows all of that, although I suspect you are not quite understanding what a sprint is, because you seem to be thinking "committed issues" and "added issues" are different things - could you explain what you mean with those two terms?

Hi,

I know all that data is available in sprint report and I also understand what a sprint is. We are building some custom metrics for which we really need to segregate issues that were committed at the start of the sprint and issues that got added after the sprint was started.  For e.g. Sprint 1 was started with 5 committed issues having total 20 story points. So, the committed issue is 5 and committed SPs are 20. But by the time the sprint ended, 3 more issues were added with 15 SPs. So the added no of issues are 3 and added no of SPs are 15. Assuming everything was delivered by the end of sprint, I get something like this:

Committed Issues and SPs: 5 and 20

Added during the active sprint: 3 and 15

Total completed: 8 and 35 SPs

I know couple of functions that can be used for getting issues that were added and removed

issueFunciton in addedAfterSprintStart("Board Name", "Sprint Name")

removedAfterSprintStart()

I am looking for similar functions /APIs for the above data points. 

We want to extract above sprint data for issues and story points in an excel/csv/json etc. 

Apologies if my query is not clear

Thanks,

Pooja

Thanks for explaining that.  I think it's I who should apologise - it was not clear to me, as I misread it.  Nothing to do with your writing! 

You're differentiating between "estimate committed to as sprint starts" and "estimate committed to because it is in the sprint (specifically the estimates added afterwards")

Jira does this with something similar to the Scriptrunner functions you have suggested, but there's nothing in the API for it, because it's done via issue searches.

For example, when you report on "estimate added into sprint", Jira isn't giving you a number directly, it is searching for the list of issues that you added into the sprint after it started, then adding up all the estimates it finds on them.

Jira doesn't have a data structure that would allow you to get a simple download of that, it's only really got a "list of issues with fields" which you could use to work out all your aggregated numbers, except that it would be missing four pieces of data that you would need to do the calculations - there are no fields for sprint-start, sprint-end and when the issue was added to or removed from a sprint  (Or the more useful field for this report which would be a simple flag for "issue was added /removed from sprint after sprint started".

With Scriptrunner, you could probably script some scripted fields to give you those data, but you'd still need to do the aggregation as a report or in a spreadsheet.

Thanks Nic, this helps. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events