User required for new instance

Oliver Floericke September 28, 2017

Hi!

I just deleted my old instance of JIRA on my computer since I forgot my admin password. Because I use this license only for testing purpose this is no problem.

To uninstall JIRA I used the supplied uninstall function.

I then downloaded the actual version of Jira (7.5) and installed it without any problems.

But after starting I get the message that my license is not valid - which is weird since I have not entered any license information at all. And I have a valid license for until next year.

Is it possible that even I use the uninstall option of the installer that any old license information is still stored on my computer?

The main problem is: I can enter my license, but I am also asked to enter a valid admin account - which I do not have and therefore wants to setup the system by scratch.

What do I miss?

Regards,

Oliver

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2017

After you did the uninstall, did you delete the existing app data and JIRA folders?

No, I thought that the uninstall process would remove everything - wrong thought?  :-) 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2017

Yes, it leaves some config files behind, so I always rename/remove them before doing a clean install in my test environment.

Yes - this was the cause. After I have deleted the old dir Jira installed itself as expected.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer