User management for Atlassian products

Constance Hilliard March 6, 2018

I want to connect my JIRA software to my Confluence and Bitbucket instances. I have seen articles on how to do this but had some security related questions since I have a service desk that has customer accounts.

It seems the best way is to make JIRA the user management for Confluence and Bitbucket so that my employees only have to log in and 2FA once to access all three. The software, bitbucket, and confluence are all already set up and 2FA enabled separately. Employee usernames and email are all the same.

Pending issues with that I am nervous that since JIRA does have all the customer created accounts that they may be able to access confluence or bitbucket somehow cannot seem to find a clear answer. If I access Jira software users I can see all the service desk created accounts and they have no group indicating them as such. If I access my customer service desk and look at its users, they are listed under customer accounts. It is slightly confusing the know which side of the fence they could fall on if I link all 3 software. 

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2018

Hi Constance,

I think what you're looking for is the way to manage Application Access.  You can determine what access a user/group has to an application and you'd make sure the groups that you create in User management don't have Application access to JIRA Service desk, etc.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer