User doesn't receive e-mail notifications from Jira since yesterday

Oleg Klimov April 15, 2021

Hi there, one of our users with admin privilegies does not receive any e-mail notifications from Jira since yesterday

Notification helper does not see any trouble, can anybody help?

UPDATE: email address was part of Jira's suppression list due to which it was unable to get the notifications. User may get added to the suppression list if the recipient server fails to acknowledge the emails sent by Jira. To protect its mailing reputation, Jira would then move a user to the suppression/bounce list. Jira support has cleared the bounced email addresses from the list in the backend

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Hello @Oleg Klimov 

Welcome to the community.

Check with the user to see if they have any rules set up in their email inbox that might be moving the email to another folder.

Is the user receiving emails sent from other applications?

Are other users still receiving email from JIRA?

Oleg Klimov April 15, 2021

Hello Trudy

Thank you for your answer. No such rules were set up, user checked all folders, including "spam". He is still receiving all notifications except from Jira. It happened suddenly without any reason, seems like some kind of blocking

All other users receivng email from Jira.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Has the user changed their email preferences in their profile?

Can you double check that his user account still shows an email address associated with it?

Can you check with your email service provider and find out if the email is making it to the email server?

I recall seeing some posts in this community that in some cases a person's email address gets blocked on the JIRA side and you must contact Atlassian Support to get it unblocked. I'm not finding those posts at the moment so I can't provide one as a reference.

Like Oleg Klimov likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Hello @Oleg Klimov 

I see you marked my answer as Accepted. Which suggestion helped you solve the problem?

Oleg Klimov April 19, 2021

Second

"I recall seeing some posts in this community that in some cases a person's email address gets blocked on the JIRA side and you must contact Atlassian Support to get it unblocked. I'm not finding those posts at the moment so I can't provide one as a reference."

0 votes
Anton Kovalenko July 5, 2021

Hi, I am not receiving email notifications from Jira. What could be the problem? I did not put filters.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events