User Stories not showing up in Sprint Board but Epics do

Colt Forsythe February 12, 2013

I've configured a Sprint with the new Scrum Board using a filter that captures "User Story" and Epic issuetypes. Only the Epics are showing up in the Planning Board.

I've also configured the columns. I've noticed I can't use the Simplified Greenhopper Workflow for this project. I think that is the problem. Also when I click on "View In Issue Navigator" for the Sprint I get

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '"AO_60DB71_RAPIDVIEW" WHERE "NAME" = 'HLM UI'' at line 1

Most of the User Stories have a status of Open and are visible in the To Do column when I configure the columns under the Columns tab.

3 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2013

Which version of GH? The latest is 6.1.3.1.

Goto Manage Filters and you can see the filter, it will be called as 'Filter for <<Project Name>>'

Colt Forsythe February 21, 2013

That filter isn't the real filter. For example only issues of type User Story are displayed and you don't see that in the filter. If that was the filter being used I wouldn't have this problem. We'll upgrade to 6.1.3.1 shortly. The frustrating thing is we have one project working and we set up a basically identical one and it doesn't.

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

The board displays the issues from the filter as long as their current status is associated with one of your columns (not "Done" column, however).

*edit - fixed as I was previously referring to Kanban and you are talking about Scrum, sorry

0 votes
Colt Forsythe February 13, 2013

I've deleted the board and reconfigured a new one and still have the same problem. It's very difficult to debug this problem becuase the "filter" you set isn't really what is being used by Greenhopper. If I could see what the real filter was that pulled in issues to the Backlog then I could undestand the problem. I can't believe how much time I've wasted of this.

Suggest an answer