User Stories - Vertical Slice and assignee

Balaji CR July 10, 2022

Hi,

As a product owner,  I would discuss with scrum team about the functionality and developers and testers agreed to have a vertical slicing of functionality that will be delivered iteratively, (e.g. UI, Backend, Data base developer all are involved), in this case how can I select multiple "Assignee" to the Single story?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2022

Hi @Balaji CR , you cannot.

Either break up the story into multiple stories, or create a sub-task per slice within the story.

Balaji CR July 10, 2022

Thanks for the suggestions Dave

0 votes
Mahmoud October 4, 2022

Hello Balaji, I can say i have the same pain as yours, vertical slicing and Jira is somehow troubling specially when it comes to the reporting side of it.

Currently we add subtasks per story, assign each to each, then one of the team members will be the story assignee to take the ownership of demoing entire story with its subtasks.

I would suggest pair programming per story, let the assignee be the group within the squad, and let them work to achieve it together, with shared responsibility on it.

please let me know your thoughts on it, i'm still experimenting here.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events