Use the Jira service management clients into Jira software

Angelica Hernandez March 11, 2021

We are using Jira for service management and also project management (Jira software), the same clients where we attend tickets we develop software projects, I need to know the client realted to the project,  the main list of clients  is information that I already have in the Organizations and clients  jira service management. Exist some way to use that field/data from Jira software?

Thanks in advance. 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2021

Hello Angelica,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Customers can view tickets only from the customer portal and currently, Jira Software doesn’t have such functionality. 

In order for customers to watch and receive updates regarding a ticket in Jira Software, they must have a license. 

In case you just need to view customers related to the Service Management ticket, you can use a “User Picker (multiple users)” custom field and then add the customers there, but they won’t receive any notifications and they won’t be able to view the ticket. 

If that’s not what you need, can you let us know more details about your use case? 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Angelica Hernandez March 15, 2021

Hello Angélica, Thanks for your response.

Actually what I want to do, is to have the list of clients/customer and the option to create a custom field is a good option. I was asking for some way, considering the option of not duplication of data. 

Regards,

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2021

Hello @Angelica Hernandez

remembering a similar case we had some weeks ago there is no other way than to duplicate the data. The reason is that "Organisation" field is not usable in Jira Software - there was the idea back then to copy data from Organisation to a temporary field for further use in Jira Software.
From my point of view the presented solution with a custom field is not so much different but it would save some time needed by crafting automation rules.

But as to the core of your question, I do not think there is an option without duplicating the data.

Regards,
Daniel

Angelica Hernandez March 25, 2021

Hello @Daniel Ebers thanks for your comments.

Finally I used an automation rule to set the organization field using the domain of the client that is creating the issue, then in the custom list field with another automation rule im setting the value. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events