Use estimated time from subtasks as issue estimates in Agile

Billy Jones May 19, 2014

I have just started using the Agile product. I have created a Scrum board and added in my issues. Some issues have sub-tasks. I've added original estimated time into the subtasks and am using original estimated time instead of story points.

My question is:

How do I get the original estimated time of the subtasks to show on their parent issue in the backlog list. ie where the story points/origin time estimates would appear in the backlog list only issues that have the estimates entered into them directly appear.

Is it possible to have estimates on subtasks filter through to their parent issue? Or do I have to replicate this?

Thanks,

Billy

1 answer

0 votes
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Hi Billy,

This thread discusses something similar:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/28575/jira-orginal-estimate-task-and-subtasks

Hope this helps?!

Billy Jones May 19, 2014

Sort of. The time estimates for the subtasks are added to the parent issue. They just don't show on the backlog list in the circle label. I maybe didn't describe it right. I will update my question

Suggest an answer