Upload Add-On not visable in Add-on local install

Tommy Sjöblom April 27, 2014

We have Jira On-Demand but planing on host it ourself.
I have installed Jira 6.2.2 and made it all working out fine until I imported the On-Demand data to the local server. Not sure what happend but there was a lot of thigns I think got lost when I did the import/restore to the local.

So I as well now downloaded the Jira Agile Jar file and it says to go to Manage Add-On and klick the Upload... link. I can't find it at all.

There where other things like backup/restore from the settings menu as well that got lost?!
Don't know why but it feels like the Local hostes version got like all settings and things from the On-Demand version and not just the "data"?

What should I do? Reinstall the server? It's only on trial at the moment but would like to move to local hosting as soon as possible.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2014

The xml backup of JIRA contains the configuration (like projects, schemes, workflows, issue types, etc...) and the actual data (issues). It does not contain thinks like plugins.

So setup a local instance and install all the add-ons you need (probably only JIRA Agile, as ondemand has very few plugins) an then import the data.

Also th Ondemand version has some difference in the menus, so that's why you can't find the backup restore probably.

In case you haven't read this guide take a look:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+OnDemand+to+a+JIRA+Installed+Site

0 votes
Tommy Sjöblom April 27, 2014

Oh, so now its not possible to installa Jira Agile after the import from On-Demand xml. Guess best is to wipe the db and uninstalla/reinstall Jira from start and do it the right way.

Ty for the info.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2014

It will be better to install it before you restore the backup. Importing data to an instance which have missing plugins compared to the system which was backed up can lead to problems

Suggest an answer