Upgrading after End-of-life date

Tarsis Hersisia October 3, 2017

Hi Support team,

We are running Jira Software version 7.0.11 and support will end on Friday 6 October. We want to set up a test environment to test the upgrade of Jira on issues before upgrading in the production environment.

My 2 questions:
*1 Is upgrading after this date (after 6th of october) also possible so we can test      this upgrade properly..
*2 Is upgrading from version 7.0.11 to 7.5 without issues or do I have to upgrade first to 7.1?

Because I read on the site, for upgrading from version early than 7.0 you have to upgrade first to 7.1.
I want to know if it is including version 7.0.x also?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.
Regards,

Tarsis

1 answer

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2017

@Tarsis Hersisia, EoL just means you will not be able to get support for your version of Jira from Atlassian.  If you have your licensing current, you will be able to get the newest(er) version needed.  

As far as upgrading, you can always try going straight to 7.5 in a dev environment.  I have made jumps like that before and it usually takes some additional tweaking afterward.  6.x would be earlier than version 7.0.

Atlassian's official recommendation is to run intermediate upgrades and this primarily has to do with significant changes they have made in the back end.  Upgrades always run most smoothly when approaching them this way.

Tarsis Hersisia October 3, 2017

Thank you Peter

Suggest an answer