Upgrading Jira Software Server from 8.2 to 8.5 doesn't reconnect to database

slsdeveloper December 14, 2019

I had trouble upgrading, having to run it the installer multiple times. (Windows Server 2012), anyway, I finally got Jira upgraded, but it looks like a brand new install, it doesn't have any of the last 7 years worth of tickets and project.

I double checked my dbconfig.xml file and it is correct.  Read on one thread that I could delete that file or rename it and then restart Jira and then Jira would ask me to re-enter the database info and that would get it to connect, but that didn't happen.

So I am wondering if anyone has a link or suggestion that I could follow, to get my database (mysql 5.7, on windows server 2012) reconnected to my now upgraded Jira instance.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

1 answer

0 votes
slsdeveloper December 15, 2019

Just to give a little more info, I believe the last install and setup got running by selecting the internal built in demo database option.  So now, I just need to point jira to our mysql database to be able to see all of our history and tickets.

I have tried running config.bat both in regular mode and in admin mode, but neither seem to do anything.

Any suggestions you have would be great.

Thanks

Suggest an answer