Upgrading 6.4.14 to 7.0.xx

Stephen Strong July 15, 2019

I am able to upgrade from 6.0.5 to 6.4.14, whenever I run the .exe for 7.0.11 it goes through fine, but then I get a message when the web page loads it states: fatal error. I didn't save the full error, but what could I be doing incorrectly to make this smoother?

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2019
Stephen Strong July 16, 2019

I will redo the 7.0.11 upgrade from 6.4.14, I am just running the .exe upgrade (automated).  Will this work for the 6.4.14 to 7.0.11?  Would that be the problem of itself? I haven't done anything with the files, as in delete or remove any files manually, is there more I have to do than just running the upgrade .exe?

Thank you!

Stephen Strong July 16, 2019

It was because of the upgrade from 6.4.14 to 7.0.11, the HSQL database had to be removed from export folder and after a server reboot. The HSQL database was migrated to the H2 database. 

The logs showed that the migration was successful but possibly the application was trying to migrate over and over, until removing the HSQLdatabase.zip file from the export folder under JIRA directory.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer