Upgraded from 6.4 to 7.0 and then 7.12

sgiacobbo September 17, 2018

The database did not connect after the 7.0 upgrade due to some sort of issue with default_storage_engine I am assuming.  I could not tell because after the upgrade to 7.0, I just got a white screen when hitting the JIRA site.

So I went ahead and installed 7.12.  When that started up it told me about the database issue... So I repaired that... Now when I start I get this:

The data in your database is currently on version 64023, and is too old to be upgraded. The minimum version that can be upgraded is 70100. You need to upgrade your data to at least the minimum version before upgrading to the final version.
Review our documentation and see what works for you.

What are my options from here?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2018

Hi @sgiacobbo

this is probably because not fixing the database issue with default_storage_engine on your first upgrade to 7.0 prevented Jira from upgrading properly, I'm afraid you will need to start again from scratch.

This time you should make sure that your Jira instance is up and running on version 7.0 before moving on to 7.12 as this step is crucial when updating from an 6.4 version.

Let me know if you have any questions, 

--Alexis

Suggest an answer