Upgraded Jira software from 8.1 to 8.13.5

Tomas Cruz April 19, 2021

Hi,

New to jira software configuration, deployment and I was recently handed an outdated Jira 8.2 software environment needing to be upgraded and to make it even more challenging, the database, running on RDS postgres 9.5, was also due for an upgrade on both dev and prod environments. Long story short, I was able to successfully upgrade the software from 8.2 to 8.13.5 on my dev environment and get it running and recognizing the upgrade was done successfully; however, I used a copy of our production db, to have the latest data, and restored it to a new RDS instance, upgraded it to a higher version through AWS console, configured the dbconfig file to point to the upgraded db and re-indexed the data, however, I'm unable to see any of the jira data such as boards, issues, users, etc

One of my question is, did i screw up the db  data by upgrading it to a higher version, in this case postgres 10, as  Postgres 9.5 isn't compatible with Jira software 8.13.5  and this is why the data isn't being displayed? 

Or

Am I missing a step to be able to have the new jira instance see the old data?

The Jira home directory stayed intact

Even built a new db, ran the config tool and created a new dbconfig file and modified it to re-point it to the copy of prod db, re-indexed it and nothing. 

Thanks in advance for any opinions, suggestions and guide you guys can provide!

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

@Tomas Cruz Welcome to the Atlassian Community

When you performed the upgrade you said you used Productions DB,  did you also use the production Jira instance, home directory?

Suggest an answer