Upgrade to greenhopper 5.10.4 can't enable plugin

Nathan Wilhelmi June 27, 2012

Hi,

With Jira 5.0.6 we upgraded to 5.10.4 of the greenhopper plugin. Now the plugin can't be enabled. Seeing the following error message:

/rest/plugins/1.0/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira-key [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Detected an error (BundleException) enabling the plugin 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira' : Unresolved constraint in bundle com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira [95]: Unable to resolve 95.0: missing requirement [95.0] package; (&(package=org.apache.log4j)(version>=1.2.16)(!(version>=2.0.0))). This error usually occurs when your plugin imports a package from another bundle with a specific version constraint and either the bundle providing that package doesn't meet those version constraints, or there is no bundle available that provides the specified package. For more details on how to fix this, see http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/1xy6D

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Nate

5 answers

2 votes
Nathan Wilhelmi June 27, 2012

Hi,

Got this one fixed. The problem was we had and older version of log4j in our Jira instance (WAR). Once I upgraded log4j from 1.2.15 to 1.2.16+ (1.2.17 worked for us) the problem went away. I understand the standalone version ships we with the correct library however in the war variation it's in the endorsed lib directory.

Hope that helps!

-Nate

0 votes
Jeremy Jeremy June 28, 2012

As a side note, per GHS-5395, this has been fixed and addressed in version 5.10.4.1.

Respectfully,

Jeremy Neuharth

Founder | Sycorr

0 votes
toben June 27, 2012

Hi,

we are affected as well.

But the problem is worse. Jira does not start anymore if you restart your server after this update.

A solution that worked for me, was to replace the existing greenhopper.jar in installed-plugins with an older version (5.10.1), which I downloaded from the marketplace. Now Jira is serving again :).

Regards

Tobias

0 votes
David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2012

Hi,

I am affected as well. Luckily I only installed it on our development Environment.

Regards,

David

EDIT: I might add the note that this is with JIRA 5.0.3 in my case.

0 votes
Matthew Hunter
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2012

Hi Nathan,

I've logged the bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-5395 regarding this issue, as I've spotted this problem elsewhere as well. It's probably best to downgrade to GreenHopper 5.10.1 for now and wait for that bug to be resolved.

Cheers,

Matt

Suggest an answer